You know it’s been awhile since you’ve posted a blog post when:
10. You forget how to log in
9. Your page hit counter doesn’t register above 0
8. You don’t recognize your dashboard
7. You don’t remember writing any of the previous posts
6. You need to chip the ice off the keyboard (maybe unrelated, but true most mornings)
5. You can’t recall where to type your post
4. You see for the first time your most popular post is “how do you spell falafel”
3. You can’t remember why you haven’t posted
2. Your “Most Active” list is empty
And the number one reason you know you haven’t posted on your blog in a long time is that someone tries to hack into your account on account of your inactivity.
You posted! Excuse me while I fall over.
Heh. I suppose you’ll be wanting me to pick you up too.
That goes without saying.